2020 Multifamily Executive Awards
Please use either Chrome or Firefox as your browser when registering and completing the forms.
Each year, Multifamily Executive honors our industry’s best and brightest with its prestigious MFE Awards competition. Winning projects, leaders, and initiatives will be featured in print issues of MFE and on MultifamilyExecutive.com, and awards will be presented during the Multifamily Executive Conference, Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2020.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the final submission deadline for the MFE Awards has been extended to Monday, May 4, 2020.
There will just be one deadline going forward, with no late fees.
Eligible submissions include projects that opened for occupancy between July 1, 2018, and Dec. 1, 2019, as well as activities and programs in progress during that time. If your project was not completed during this time, it is not eligible for an award. Projects completed outside of this range will be automatically disqualified. For more information, see our eligibility requirements.
Single entry: $150
Three or more entries: 30% discount on your total purchase
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED
The MFE Awards are completely digital. You can register, complete the applicable entry forms, and upload images and floor plans by submitting everything through our three-step process, described below. Please do not mail any materials to our offices.
- STEP ONE - Registration: Register each entry name and its category and pay the applicable entry fees. You must pay your fee before you can upload additional materials. You'll automatically be forwarded to step two to provide additional information. Please note: You will not be able to edit any information on your registration(s) after you’ve paid.
- STEP TWO - Project Materials: Fill out the required online submission forms and upload your entry materials as detailed in the PDF on the "Categories" tab of this website. You may also return to this website to add to or modify your entry at a later date before submitting it. (Note: This section is called "Submission Materials" on your application).
- STEP THREE: Submission – Finalize and submit your entries. Once you finalize and submit an entry, you will not be able to edit it further. All submissions must be finalized by May 4.
Applicants can win either a Grand Award or a Merit recognition in each category (except for Executive of the Year and Rising Star):
- Executive of the Year
- Rising Star of the Year
- Project of the Year:
- High-Rise, 13+ Stories
- Mid-Rise, 5 to 12 Stories
- Garden-Style Walk-Up, 1 to 4 stories
- Adaptive Reuse and Apartment Renovation
- Affordable (100% affordable)
- Best Amenity
- Best Unit Design
- Community Service
- Marketing and Advertising
Learn more about the categories and the materials required to apply in each with this Categories and Questions Requirements document.
All project award entries will automatically be considered for the Editors’ Choice Award, a best-in-show recognition selected by the editors of Multifamily Executive.
To receive emails about your application, please add email@example.com to your email's whitelist.
MFE also will be accepting Hall of Fame nominations via email. These nominees should be executives at the top of their field who have had a transformative effect on their companies and the multifamily industry as a whole. These community leaders must have been involved at various levels of their companies and have no fewer than 20 years of experience in the apartment industry. To nominate someone for this honor, please email a bio and headshot of the executive, a description of the executive's commitment to and involvement in the multifamily industry, a list of the executive's achievements, and letters of recommendation to Christine Serlin at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4.